INFORMATIVE WORKSHOPS & LECTURES RELATED TO GENDER SENSITIZATION ARE ORGANIZED UNDER THE COLLEGIATE WOMEN’S DEVELOPMENT CELL (CWDC).
1. One-day National colloquium titled ‘Gender Equity and Equality’ organized by Faculty of Business Administration, GLS University, Ahmedabad on 8th October 2022. Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Women and girls, everywhere, must have equal rights and opportunities, and be able to live free of violence and discrimination. The colloquium was enriched through a keynote speech, panel discussion, gender sensitization Lit Fest (Literature, Interpretation, Talks) and research poster presentation as our target audience happened to be academicians as well as students.
As a keynote speaker, Ms. Shubhrastha was invited.
After that, the panel discussion got started and experts from different areas were invited.
2. A session on Food as Medicine was organized on 25th August 2022 at GLS Auditorium for the female Students of Faculty of Business Administration under Collegiate Women Development Cell. Dt. Naivil Mahadevia, the guest gave students an insight about the balanced diet, nutritious value of various food items and the health problems faced due to inappropriate diet. The various Do’s and Don’ts were discussed and students problems were addressed. The session was knowledge enriching, interactive and interesting. Almost 250 female students participated in the session.
3. Women's empowerment is the process of empowering women. It may include accepting women's viewpoints or making an effort to seek them, raising the status of women through education, awareness, literacy, and training. Through CWDC we try to uplift the status of women and for this, we have organized a quiz competition on 5th October 2021 for all the FY BBA students using the Kahoot Platform. Forty students were registered for the event and participated wholeheartedly. The winners of the quiz were Ms Khushi Soni and Ms Juhie Mandal, who respectively achieved first and second positions.
4. A lecture was organised under CWDC on 26th September 2021 for female students of FY BBA on Women minds designed to think a conversation on courage. The expert who was invited to deliver the talk was Vice President of WCCI National Design Council, Ms Nandita Puri. She explained the various real cases so that students understand the scenario practically. She also encouraged students for expressing their views and raise their voices against injustice, or gender discrimination. She explained to students how the rights should be respected by each gender. The session was highly interactive and interesting. Students enjoyed the session thoroughly. Courageous people believe in themselves. They know who they are and what they stand for. They have strong values, recognize their personal capabilities, and are confident in meeting the challenges that lie before them. All the FY BBA girls attended this lecture and attain the attributes of being courageous. The talk was from 26th September 11 onwards. Using Cisco Webex online platform.
5. A Session on menstrual hygiene and innovative new products was organized on 18th June 2021 for TY and SY BBA girls. Dr Rajal, a doctor by profession engaged the girls and made them aware of the precaution, hygienic conditions during the menstrual cycle and also gave a lot of information about the new products like eco-friendly sanitary napkins, menstrual cups and so on. She made the girls aware of the usage, and the precautions that they should take while using these products.
6. A lecture was organized under CWDC on 17th Feb 2020 for both male and female students for creating awareness about the rights and duties, laws available for protection and to give them an insight into the topic “Gender Justice: Contemporary Issues and Challenges”. The expert who was invited to deliver the talk was Dr. Mayuri Pandya, a social worker and an expert in environmental law.
7. A workshop was conducted on 8th September 2017 by FOBA (GLSBBA) on “Gender sensitization” in association with Sauhard (NGO) Organization for Semester I students. The workshop engaged the students in various activities such as role-play, debate and made them realise the importance of another gender.
8. A session on “Nutrition for Females” was conducted by Dr Rajal Shah, Practicing Homeopathy. The session was conducted on 1st September 2017 at GLSBBA.
9. A session on “Issues in gender Equality and Women Empowerment” was conducted by Advocate Vaibhavi D Nanavati. The interactive session conducted on 3rd August 2017 was attended by around 150 students.
10. The institute has organised Poster Making Competition with the theme of “Women Empowerment” on 4th of August, 2015. 23 students had participated in the competition and the results were spectacular. Students have certainly understood the topic and have presented it emphatically by showing all the various titles a woman possesses. The winning participants are: Medha Kumari (Sem 3) & Krupa Thakkar (Sem 3); Nirali Contractor (Sem 3); Mariya Raja (Sem 5) & Prachi Mistry (Sem 3)
11. A session on a very complex topic “Abuse” was conducted by Ms Sharan Taneja. She is Dermatoglyphics Consultant, Counsellor, Trainer and personality Analyst. The highly informative and interactive session was conducted on 15th February 2016, and it was attended by almost 200 students.
12. College Women Development Committee (CWDC) of the institute organized a guest lecture with the same theme of “Women Empowerment” but at different levels of life. Ms Sneha Thakkar – CEO of Thakker Technologies addressed students on 7/8/2015. She has achieved great success and is the recipient of various awards like ‘Outstanding Women Entrepreneur’, ‘Best Young Entrepreneur’ etc at a very young age. She influenced the students a lot which could be seen through the interactive session she had with the students.
13. College Women Development Committee (CWDC) of the institute organised a guest lecture with the same theme of “Women Empowerment” but at different levels of life. A session with the same theme was organised on 10th August 2015 which was addressed by Dr Geeta P Mehta. She is currently holding the position of Principal at B.D. College and is H.O.D in the subject of Sanskrit. She guided the girls by illuminating them with the real meaning of Women, ‘Mahila’ and ‘Nari’ by relating it to the various characters, duties she is supposed to play but balancing it or stabilizing it with their own identity in the society.
14. The institute organized a Group Discussion Competition on the 6th of August, 2015 had the topic “Women Empowerment” in its final round. The final round consisted of 7 participants which were selected from the previous round. The competition had an electrifying outcome for the participants as well as the audience. The winning Participants were Devarash Barbhaya (Sem 5) and Gargi Pathak (Sem 1).